Motivate, educate, and coach to improve health and wellness
The heat is on for providers to improve the patient experience and improve overall quality of care. Actively engaging patients to manage their health conditions is one of the biggest challenges in healthcare today. In addition, health education and self-service, as components of patient portals, are playing key roles for establishing Meaningful Use incentives.
With iDAvatars’ solutions for patient engagement, we help you reach all of these objectives by combining a motivational virtual ”health” assistant (IVA), decision support tools, and enhanced health education through audio, video, and visual props.
Patient engagement strategies
Working around the clock, your iDAvatars virtual health assistant solutions alleviate under-staffed resources with helpful interactions such as:
- Answering FAQs about your practice or hospital
- Providing audio and visual disease, symptom, and treatment education
- Appointment scheduling and registration
- Explaining procedures and tests before and after treatment
- Assisting patients with filling out forms
In recent studies, health literacy has been shown to improve with spoken explanations and visual animations working in unison.
iDAvatars’ solutions effectively combine audio and interactive elements in your patient portal to act as a virtual coach within a simulated clinical setting. This includes video and education segments to address their specific diseases and recommended care and as a guide who walks your patients though their health risk assessments.
With over 500 character combinations to choose from, iDAvatars’ IVAs are as culturally diverse as your provider or patient base. You select from an almost an unlimited combination of clothing, texture, hair, varying ages, body frames, and cultural and nationality identities.
And with our proprietary phonetic lip-sync technology, you get seamless, multilingual programming. To date, our characters haven’t come across any language they couldn’t tackle.
Laughter is the best medicine
We know that humor is not always appropriate, especially in serious situations. But in the right context, it can put things into perspective.
Health education doesn’t have to be all serious all the time; you can have a laugh every now and then. Take it from our physician partners at Incendant who loved this video. Enjoy this iDAvatars internal production and see if you can figure out why this patient has headaches after taking Resveratrol.
- Improved doctor-patient communication
- Increased patient portal use, Meaningful Use
- Streamlined scheduling and registration
- Reduced clinician time spent on repetitive education–helps meet CDS compliance
- Improved patient education and adherence
- Increased patient motivation, engagement, and loyalty