JOIN OUR TEAM
At iDAvatars, we believe that innovation occurs at all levels: our product, our people, and our culture. We fuse the edgy and innovative with traditional business smarts to create a fun, fast-paced, and challenging work environment.
COOL CAREERS AT IDAVATARS
Expand section to check for available positions.
Think you’d be a great addition to our Engineering team? We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer! Send your resume to email@example.com.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO or Milwaukee, WI
Type: Full-time Contractor/Employee
iDAvatars is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support products serving the medical space. Our solutions support and connect healthcare providers, health agencies, patients and families. This position will manage our conversational distributed avatar system for healthcare, handling server deployments, system administration tasks, and automation. This position will also be part of the agile software development team that supports development environments, application configuration, builds, and deployments. DevOps engineers are part of a multi-disciplinary team that helps to bridge the gap between Infrastructure and Software Engineering.
Responsible for working collaboratively within our Agile software development team to automate and streamline application release lifecycle of mission-critical distributed systems. Develop and maintain tools for application deployment, monitoring and operations. Build automation processes that will enable efficient and scalable continuous integration delivery.
- Planning, systems analysis, design, scripting, database administration, and documentation
- Analyzing existing systems and processes to recommend changes/improvements to them to maximize user capabilities
Essential Functions of Job
- Create and maintain the DevOps toolsets required to automate, deploy and manage the application release lifecycle.
- Write scripts to produce repeatable processes such as installing an operating system, configuring server, configuring load balancers, etc.
- Build automated scripts that will maintain the consistency of server configuration across all environments – dev, staging and production.
- Automate the build of infrastructure in a continuous integrated environment.
- Audit our web production infrastructure. Identify and triage security problems within the production environment.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Work on Infrastructure projects that will directly benefit the DevOps teams and web properties.
- Participate as a key member of the Agile/SCRUM SW development team.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer computer networks and computing environments related to the software development teams including, but not limited to, computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Monitor network and systems performance. Recommend changes or improvements, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Stay abreast of technology advancements to identify, research, and evaluate solutions that would benefit our environment.
- Develop standards and documentation to guide the support, maintenance, and the use of DevOps procedures and operations.
- Experience with the following technology stack – Not necessary to have experience across the entire list, but should plan on learning these and other technologies to be able to work effectively with the team.
- Ansible, Chef, Pupper or similar
- Play (web server), Rails, Node
- Ubuntu Linux
- Ability to work with a globally distributed team (7 time zones, four continents)
- Leadership skills to effectively represent the team during weekly customer status meetings and milestone events
- Self-motivated, goal orientated, quality driven, able to drive the implementation of development environments, processes, continuous integration, and capable of working independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and with multiple disciplines
- Fluency in English
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services, especially building distributed scalable secure systems on AWS
- If no experience with AWS, must possess deep Linux knowledge and good language skills using ruby python and java
- Experience working within HIPAA Compliance
- Solid experience working in an Agile (Scrum) environment
- Working knowledge of git and Jira
Education/ Training/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 2- 5 years of experience (equivalent work experience will be considered)
These folks make all the unique 3D characters known as avatars. They get to use the same animation techniques and software that the big animation studios use. So what does it take to become a 3D artist? A passion and talent for art as well as team work, whether it’s drawing, sculpting, 3D drafting, texturing, or architecture. And depending on the type of 3D art, you may want to have a background in computer programming and even physics!
Our creative lead has so many talents, it’s hard to pinpoint just one, so let’s focus on audio and video casting and editing. So what’s involved with video and audio creation and casting? For video, it’s about timing and learning how to synchronize the animated characters to speech and even singing as well as expertise with post-production editing software. Our creative manager has a background in graphic design, art education, film editing, and even help desk support.
Our writers wear many different hats from scripts to blogging but we’ll focus on script writing. So what does it take to become a creative/business writer? You have to like writing real words, texting doesn’t count, at least some of the time. You must have strong grammar, editing, and technical writing skills. It’s helpful to have a sense of humor and the ability to be clever. For the more serious projects, our script writer interviews clients and writes for the end-user.